The Bulge and beyond / Matthew A. Rozell.
- ISBN: 9780996480093
- ISBN: 0996480099
- Physical Description: 307 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Granville, NY : Woodchuck Hollow Press, 
- Copyright: ©2020
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Forest -- Replacement -- Rifleman -- Replacement runner -- Scout -- Malmédy -- Men of Old Hickory -- Sergeant -- Guests of the Reich -- Artillery spotter -- Glider paratrooper -- Survivor -- Escape -- Berga -- Interpreter -- Youth.
At the height of World War II, LOOK Magazine profiled a small upstate New York community for a series of articles portraying it as the wholesome, patriotic model of life on the home front. Seventy years later, a history teacher tracks down the veterans with a connection to "Hometown, USA" who fought the war in the air over Europe, men who were tempered in the tough times of the Great Depression and forged in battle. He rescues and resurrects firsthand accounts of combat and brotherhood.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 2 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Rolla Public.
- 1 current hold with 2 total copies.