Call us what we carry : poems / Amanda Gorman.
- ISBN: 9780593465066
- ISBN: 0593465067
- Physical Description: 228 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Edition: Formerly titled The Hill We Climb and Other Poems.
- Publisher: New York : Viking, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC, 2021.
- Copyright: ©2021
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 212-223).
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Requiem -- What a piece of wreck is man -- Earth eyes -- Memoria -- Atonement -- Fury & faith -- Resolution.
The presidential inaugural poet--and unforgettable new voice in American poetry--presents a collection of poems that includes the stirring poem read at the inauguration of the 46th President of the United States.Gorman explores history, language, identity, and erasure through an imaginative and intimate collage. Harnessing the collective grief of a global pandemic, her poems shine a light on a moment of reckoning and reveal that Gorman has become a messenger from the past, our voice for the future. The final poem in the book is The hill we climb, which was read at President Joseph Biden's 2021 inauguration. -- adapted from jacket and perusal of book
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Biden, Joseph R., Jr. > Inaugurations > Poetry.
Inauguration Day > Poetry.
United States > Social aspects > Poetry.
- 36 of 38 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Rolla Public.
- 0 current holds with 38 total copies.