Shawnee, wild and tame: the true story of a Missouri wild horse/ text by Kathy Love; photographs by Cindy Dooley.
- ISBN: 9781087811963
- ISBN: 1087811961
- Physical Description: 53 pages: color photographs, map ; 23 cm
- Publisher: Shannon County, MO: Haystack Valley Arts, 2019.
A young woman named Cindy photographed a new-born foal in a herd of wild horses that roams Ozark National Scenic Riverways near Eminence, Missouri. Her dog, Gizmo, had a dangerous encounter with the wild horses. The young woman photographed the horses in all seasons. When the filly was 1 1/2 years old she was put up for adoption. Cindy adopted her and brought her home. The book is illustrated with photographs of the horses and surrounding countryside. It is aimed at children ages 8 to 12, but can be enjoyed by people of all ages who want to be entertained by a simple story and learn about wild horses.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Wild horses > Juvenile literature.
Horses > Juvenile literature.
Shannon County (Mo.)
- 2 of 4 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Rolla Public.
- 1 current hold with 4 total copies.