The shell collector : stories / Anthony Doerr.
- ISBN: 9781439190050
- ISBN: 1439190054
- ISBN: 9780142002964
- ISBN: 0142002968
- Physical Description: 219 pages ; 21 cm
- Edition: First Scribner trade paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2011.
- Copyright: ©2002
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Shell collector -- Hunter's wife -- So many chances -- For a long time : this was Griselda's story -- July fourth -- Caretaker -- A tangle by the rapid river -- Mkondo
Anthony Doerr takes readers from the African coast to the suburbs of Ohio, from sideshow pageantry to harsh wilderness survival, charting a vast and varied emotional landscape. Doerr explores the human condition in all its manifestations: metamorphosis, grief, fractured relationships, and slowly mending hearts.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Short stories, American.
Survival > Fiction.
Metamorphosis > Fiction.
Grief > Fiction.
Interpersonal relations > Fiction.
Ohio > Fiction.
Africa > Fiction.
- 4 of 5 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Rolla Public.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.